Not all photo booth companies are made equal, and not all photo booths are either! When renting a photo booth there are a few things to look out for. Here are our top tips to make sure you get the most out of your photo booth rental, and have your event running smoothly.
- Make sure the business you are hiring from is legitimate. Any old person can set up as a “business” with some form of photo booth. However, a proper company is more likely to have better quality products (both the booths themselves, and the final printed photos), and be more professional. You want someone who knows what they are doing, won’t muck you around at the last minute, and who is amazing to deal with. A genuine professional business is also more likely to have insurance in case something goes wrong.
- Check what types of photo booths are on offer. You want to make sure you are getting a good quality, professional photo booth, that uses high quality cameras and printers. You don’t want all your event photos pixelated or blurry! Cheap webcam photo booths are easy and cheap to setup, so make sure the business you rent your photo booth from has proper, quality booths. Also check what printers they use – cheap printers will not print good quality photos, and can be very slow to print, causing delays and frustrated guests!
- What about a photo booth attendant? Not all photo booth companies provide an attendant with their booths, but having a photo both attendant on-site will help with the smooth running of your event. Attendants stay with the photo booth to ensure it works properly, help with questions or issues if they arise, and can provide creative direction if required. They can also help get your guests into the party mood! Having a professional and friendly attendant helps ensure there are no issues and leaves you free to enjoy your event and have fun.
- Make sure you check if there is a limit on the photos and what you actually get. Look for a company that offers unlimited photos as part of the photo booth rental package. Some will also provide you with a digital package of all the photos taken on the night, which is a great keepsake for you after the event.
- Look for a company that has more than one bow to their arrow. Some photo booth businesses only have one type of photo booth, whereas others have multiple different types. Having more than one to choose from means you can choose the type that will fit best with your event. For example, if you are tight on space you might want something smaller than the traditional box photo booth, or if it’s a school ball you might want a live social media printer.
Whatever photo booth business you end up renting from, the most important thing is to have fun!